Canada is a North American country consisting of ten provinces and three territories. Located in the northern part of the continent, it extends from the Atlantic Ocean in the east to the Pacific Ocean in the west and northward into the Arctic Ocean. It is the world's second largest country by total area. Canada is common border with the United States to the south and northwest is the longest in the world. Canada is a federation that is governed as a parliamentary democracy and a constitutional monarchy with Queen Elizabeth ii as its head of state. It is a bilingual nation with both English and french as official languages at the federal level. One of the world’s highly developed countries,



According to citizenship and immigration Canada, every year 1,30,000  students from all over the world come to study in Canada. The county has made some changes in its immigration law allowing a student to work while studying  the student may apply for permanent residence under the Temporary Foreign Workers class after completing 2 years of study and one year of work



FAQ’s for Visitor Visa Canada

What is the difference between a single-entry visa and a multiple-entry visa?
There are two types of Temporary Resident Visa: a single-entry visa and a multiple-entry visa. Temporary Resident Visas are valid for a fixed period, whether they are a single-entry visa or a multiple-entry visa. You cannot use a visa after its expiry date.
Single-entry visa
A single-entry visa allows you to enter Canada once.
When you arrive at the point of entry in Canada, an officer of the Canada Border Services Agency will make sure you meet the requirements to enter Canada.
The officer will authorize your stay by placing a stamp in your passport and/or issuing an additional document.
If there is no stamp, a handwritten date or document in your passport, your temporary resident status will expire six months from the day you arrived in Canada.
If you were given a visitor record, student or work permit, the expiry date is marked on the document.
If you leave Canada during your authorized stay, you must get a new visitor visa to re-enter Canada.
There are two exceptions: you can visit the United States or Saint-Pierre et Miquelon and return to Canada without getting a new visa, as long as you:
· return within the initial period authorized by the immigration officer or
· Have a valid visitor record, work permit, study permit, or a temporary resident permit (authorizing re-entry) and return within the initial period authorized by the officer.

Multiple-entry visa
A multiple-entry visa allows you to enter Canada several times during the period while your visa is valid. A multiple-entry visa is valid for a maximum of five years or one month prior to the expiry date on the passport/re-entry visa, whichever is earlier.
If a multiple-entry visa is approved, it will allow you to enter and leave Canada repeatedly during the validity period of the visa. You must arrive in Canada on or before the expiry date on your visa. You cannot get a multiple-entry visa for a period that ends after the expiry date of your passport. If your passport will expire soon, you should renew it before you apply for your visa. If you want to visit several other countries or return to your own country before coming back to Canada, you will need a multiple-entry visa. If you plan to visit Canada frequently, a multiple-entry visa is recommended.

Do I need a visa if I am traveling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
Canada requires the citizens of certain countries and territories to have visas when they enter Canada. If you need a visa to visit Canada, then you will need a transit visa to travel through Canada without stopping or visiting. You will need a transit visa even if you stop in Canada for less than 48 hours. There is no fee for a transit visa.

How do I help a family member or a friend apply to visit Canada?
Anyone who visits Canada must apply from outside the country. If you have a friend or family member who wants to visit Canada, they must apply to the Canadian visa office responsible for their country or region. A visa officer will review the application and decide whether to issue a visa. You can help by writing a letter of invitation. The letter should explain how you will help. For example, you may offer to pay for plane tickets or accommodation. A letter of invitation can help, but it does not guarantee that a visa will be issued.

How do I get help if my application is refused?
There is no formal appeal process if your application for a Temporary Resident Visa is refused. You can apply again.
Can I fill out one form for my entire family if we are traveling together?
No. Each individual applicant must complete and sign the “Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada” (IMM 5257) form, as well as any other required forms. For example, a family of three people will submit three individual TRV application forms. Each applicant aged 18 and over must also complete the Family Information (IMM 5645) form. You can submit all family member application forms in the same envelope with one payment receipt for the total amount of all your applications.

What is a business visitor?
A business visitor is someone who comes to Canada to engage in international business activities without directly entering the Canadian labor market. For example, someone who comes to Canada to meet with representatives of companies doing business with their country would be considered a business visitor. Visitors may be in Canada for business meetings or site visits (to observe only). A person invited to Canada by a Canadian company for training in product use, sales or other functions related to a business transaction would also be included. Business visitors must prove that their main source of income and their main place of business are outside Canada.
If I am a business visitor, can I work in Canada?
No. If you are a business visitor and you want to work in Canada, you will need a work permit.

Can I renew my visa?
You need to apply for a new visa as visas cannot be renewed.
I already have a multiple-entry temporary resident visa because I was visiting a relative in Canada last year. Can I use the same visa to travel to Canada on a business trip?
Yes, as long as it is still valid and has not expired. You should ensure that you have documents that support your business visit to Canada.
I have a temporary resident visa that I used for a recent business visit to Canada. Do I need another visa for my holidays in Canada?
If it is a multiple-entry visa, and the visa has not yet expired, you can use it to enter Canada for both business and tourism.
Who do I contact if I have any questions about the temporary resident visa?

Contact a CCA/CIVC office near to your city.
Do I have to submit my passport with my application for a temporary resident visa?
Yes. However, the visa office where you apply may have certain instructions on how and where to submit your passport and how to get your visa. Please consult the website of the visa office where you are applying. If you will need your passport for other travel while your application is being processed, inform the visa office and they will let you know what to do.




While at CIVC was doing my nanny course I worked part time as a librarian, this on campus job helped me a lot to complete my course. Up the CIVC flag now I am living happily in Australia with my spouse.




  Tell a Friend
Copyright @ 2010, All rights reserved by CIVC.